The 3 Best Probiotic Supplements for Immune Support
Did you know that your digestive system could play a key role in keeping you healthy? Although you probably don’t think much about your body’s digestion when it comes to fighting off colds, flus, and other illnesses, you should. Your digestive system has a special kind of bacteria that may be able to help your immune system stay strong and resilient. If you’re looking to support your immune system, probiotics might be able to help. Probiotics are supplements that are designed to help balance the “good” and “bad” bacteria within your digestive system. And taking probiotics may offer plenty of benefits, including boosting your immune system and offering potential therapeutic benefits for illnesses like allergies, viral infections, and more.
Probiotics could help you strengthen your body’s response to some illnesses. And it’s very easy to start taking probiotics. You can add them to your daily routine with easy-to-swallow capsules to reap the benefits.
If you’re interested in adding probiotics into your daily health routine, check out these options that are specifically created for immune support.
1. Align Probiotic Supplement Daily Immune Support
Price: $19.04 for 28 capsules.
- Contains Bifidobacterium lactis (BB-12), which can help promote healthy immune system function.
- Works naturally with the body to support the >70 percent of your body’s immune system in the digestive system.
- Fortifies the digestive system with “good” bacteria.
- Number one probiotics brand recommended by doctors, so it’s reputable.
How It Works: Align Probiotic Supplement Daily Immune Support works to increase the amount of “good” bacteria in the digestive system. That can then help balance and support your immune system and its functions.
2. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Platinum Series Immune+
Price: $42 for 30 capsules.
- Features 12 different probiotics, like L. Acidophilus NCFM and L. Rhamnosus GG, to offer immune system support.
- Encourages digestive support by balancing bacteria and helping regularity.
- Targeted formula is designed with diverse strains of bacteria that are resistant to stomach acid and bile.
How It Works: Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Platinum Series Immune+ is created with the immune system in mind. It’s made to target the 70 percent of the immune system that resides in the body’s digestive system, and the capsules include two of the most widely studied probiotics to do the job. When taken, this probiotic balances digestive bacteria, helps regularity, and relieves discomfort – and it can give the immune system a boost.
3. Culturelle Pro-Well Health & Wellness Daily Probiotic Supplement, Immune Support
Price: $18.52 for 30 capsules.
- Includes Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG), which is proven effective and clinically studied for natural immune system support and defense.
- Balances bacteria in the digestive system.
- Can optimize the immune system and its response and natural defenses.
- Well studied and researched, with >more than 1,000 studies demonstrating its safety.
- Helps both the digestive system and immune system “tune up” to work better.
How It Works: The primary probiotic in Culturelle Pro-Well Health & Wellness Daily Probiotic Supplement, Immune Support is LGG. That form of “good” bacteria helps balance the bacteria in the body’s digestive system, can help optimize your immune system, and offers support for natural immune defenses.
Try a Probiotic Supplement for Your Immune System
If you’re worried about illnesses like colds, flus, and other viral infections, a probiotic may be able to help naturally boost your body’s defenses. While your immune system can handle a lot on its own, taking a probiotic for immune support may help you fight off even more.
But it’s important to do your research before you begin taking a probiotic of any kind. Probiotics are often recommended by doctors to help with digestive issues – but research is still being done to determine how probiotics work and how they might keep individuals healthy. Because there’s still more that needs to be learned about the specifics of probiotics, it’s a good idea to look for products that have been recommended by doctors and studied by scientists.
It’s also a good idea to consider and compare a number of different probiotics products. You can consider probiotics like the ones mentioned here, which are specifically created around immune support. You can also look for probiotics with specific benefits and targeted types of bacteria. And don’t forget to compare prices and the way these probiotic products work. Then, you’ll be prepared to start probiotics with as much information as possible.